6 months to Till you get job
In the year 1923, the British government established a Pubic Service Commission to examine the salary structure of the Indian Civil servants.
Madras presidency was the first province in India to establish their own Service
Commission (The Madras Service Commission) under an Act of the Madras Legislature in 1929. After reorganisation of the states in 1957, several state level commissions were constituted. The Madras Service Commission became the Madras Public Commission with headquarters at Madras in the year 1957. During 1969, when the name of the state was changed to Tamil Nadu, the Madras Public Service Commission was renamed as the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC).
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has introduced a series of reforms to ensure free and fair recruitment process with the highest level of transparency in each stage of selection. TNPSC also plays a key role in conducting exams for departmental promotion, departmental test and concurrence.
Article 320 (1) of the constitution of India empowers the Commission to conduct Examinations for appointment by direct recruitment to the services of the state.
Selections in TNPSC
- Combined Civil Services Examination-I - Group I Services - Group IA, IB, IC services.
- Combined Civil Services Examination-II- Group II (Interview Post) & Group IIA (Non-interview).
- Combined Civil Services Examination-III - Group III, V A, VI, VIIA & B, VIII services.
- Group IV services.
- Deputy Collector.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I).
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Assistant Commissioner - Commercial Tax officer.
- District Registrar.
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department.
- Assistant Conservator of Forest.
- District Employment Officer.
Group II Services (Interview post)
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer (DCTO).
- Sub Registrar.
- Probation Officer in Prison Department.
- Assistant Inspector of Labout.
- Junior Employment Officer.
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department/ TNPSC/ Finance Department/Various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service.
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department.
- Special Assistant in the Vigilance and AntiCorruption Department.
- Audit Inspector in the Audit wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments.
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives.
- Senior Inspector of cooperative societies.
Group II Services (Non Interview post)
- Accountant in Treasuries and Accounts Department.
- Assistant in Forest Department.
- Personal clerk in Finance Department, Secretariat.
- Personal clerk in (other than Law and Finance Dept) Secretariat.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly.
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service/Secretariat Service/Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service.
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department.
- Handloom Inspector.
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department.
Group IV & VAO (CCSE IV)
- Junior Assistant.
- Steno Typist − Grade III.
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER, GRADE-III in the Tamil Nadu Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.
- Junior Assistant (Security).
- Bill Collector Grade-I.
- Junior Assistant (Non-Security).
- VAO (Village Administrative Officer)
- Both weekdays and weekend classes available
- Daily tests available
- Students can attend classes multiple times if necessary
- Staff always available to assist and provide necessary guidance
- Regularly updated current affairs will be provided
Latest notifications can be found here :
Latest Examinations details can be found here